As mentioned in the Connect PayPal for Invoicing article you must use a PayPal Business account with Direct Sidekick. The fees for PayPal Business are the same as PayPal Personal but it allows us to connect to their API.
Before upgrading your account you should
- Own a business entity for your direct sales business.
- Have a PayPal personal account. If not, simply sign up for a new PayPal Business account.
How to upgrade to PayPal Business
- Log into your PayPal Account
- Scroll down on your summary page to the “More about your account” section and click “Upage to a Business Account.”
- Complete the form with your Entity information
- Click Agree and Upgrade Account button
- Answer the questions about your business and click continue
- Enter your personal information and click submit and you are done!